The Mt Baldy Run-to-the-Top is organized by San Antonio Canyon Town Hall
Directed by Tracy Sulkin
Annual Labor Day Trail Race in the Angeles National Forest.
Dobson and Gray Set New Course Records
History was made on Labor Day: Kim Dobson, from Colorado, finished in 1:10:54, 4 minutes and 38 seconds faster than Carrie Garritson’s record set in 1988; and Joseph Gray, also from Colorado, beat Matt Ebiner’s 1987 record by 20 seconds, finishing in 1:00:29.
We wish to thank our 93 volunteers, including the Mt. Baldy all-volunteer Fire Dept, West Valley Search and Rescue, dozens of Mt. Baldy residents who return every year, volunteers from Sign-up Genius and Volunteer Match who returned, and new volunteers. We could not have the race without all of your help.
And thank you to our sponsors for your support.
The Mt. Baldy Run-to-the-Top is a 7+ mile trail race through the Angeles National Forest, beginning at the entrance to the Ski Lifts parking lot, at 6,000′, and finishing on the summit of Mt. Baldy, at 10,064’.
- Register online at https://ultrasignup.com from 5/1 thru 8/26.
- Late Registration onsite at Early Packet Pick-up, on Sunday, 9/4/22, and on race day on Labor Day, 9/5/22.
- Register by mail. Click to download the registration form and Waiver.
- Race start: 8:00 am.
- Race timing ends: 11:00 am.
- Race shirt included. (Size not guaranteed after 8/15/22.)
- Finisher medal only at the finish line. Late finishers are not guaranteed a medal.
- 3.5 Mile hike back to the lifts required after finishing.
- SKI LIFT RIDE IS NOT INCLUDED.
- Professional Timing/Results.
- Four aid and water stations.
- Awards: Overall 3 Deep – Male & Female Divisional 3 Deep.
- NO REFUNDS – NO TRANSFERS – NO EXCEPTIONS
- The Run-to-the-Top is a rain or shine event.
- Follow the rules of the road and do not impede the road.
- Men’s record (1987): 1:00:49
- Women’s record (1988): 1:15:32
Rules of Conduct
- No earbuds, headphones or radios.
- No poles.
- No pets.
- Runners must remain on designated trail at all times.
- Runners returning from finish must yield to all uphill traffic.
- MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE AWARDS & SHIRTS
- Runners must not impede Mt. Baldy Rd
From the 10 freeway, exit on Mountain Ave (the Mt. Baldy exit). Your exit is located in the city of Upland between the 57 Freeway and the 15 Freeway. Head north on Mountain Ave as it winds right and then left. The name will change to Shinn Rd. Turn right/north onto Mt. Baldy Rd and follow Mt. Baldy Rd. through Mt. Baldy Village, past Ice House Canyon, and up the switchbacks to the Ski Lifts parking lot.
From the 15 freeway, take the 210 West and exit on Mountain Ave/Mt. Baldy. Turn right onto Mountain Ave. Remain on Mountain Ave as it winds right and then left. The name will change to Shinn Rd. Turn right/north onto Mt. Baldy Rd and follow Mt. Baldy Rd. through Mt. Baldy Village, past Ice House Canyon, and up the switchbacks to the Ski Lifts parking lot.
From the 57 freeway, take the 210 East and exit on Base Line. Turn left from the off ramp onto Base Line. Turn right at Padua, the first signal light, and head north. Turn right/north onto Mt. Baldy Rd and follow Mt. Baldy Rd. through Mt. Baldy Village, past Ice House Canyon, and up the switchbacks to the Ski Lifts parking lot.